The XG-1537 1U Netgate® Security Gateway Appliance with pfSense® software is an excellent solution for medium to large business to provide flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc. With preloaded pfSense software and 10Gbps SFP+ ports, the XG-1537 1U is a fast networking security solution unencumbered by traditional annual contracts, licensing fees, or artificial limitations. It can be configured as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, and IDS/IPS with optional packages to deliver a high performance, high throughput front-line security appliance.
- Pre-loaded with pfSense software, ready to use right out of the box.
- 1U form-factor to conserve rack space with a High Availability option available.
- Easy GUI management. Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. No preset limits on users, firewall rules, or IPsec tunnels.
- Low power requirements to save money and be more eco-friendly.
- Flexible configuration and support for VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring.
- Simple package management system to add powerful functions and features.
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between offices, let mobile workers connect securely, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with Amazon EC2 cloud instances.
COMMON USE CASES
- Medium to Large Sized Networks with 1U rack mount cabinets
- Medium to Large Sized Branch Office with heavy loads
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) On-Premises Appliance
- High-Speed 10 Gigabit Connections
- Multiple VPN Connections
- High speed connections with IDS/IPS functionality
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
pfSense software is a free, open source firewall and router platform that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. The pfSense platform can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN appliance, DHCP server, DNS server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- IoT gateway / security endpoint
- Network tap
- IPMI / BMC firewall
- Learn more about the features of pfSense software